Guiding Principles of NCIT Members
When you become a member of the National Collaborative for Infants & Toddlers (NCIT), you are committing to the following guiding principles:
- Early Childhood Support: We believe in the critical importance of supporting children and their families from the earliest stages of life, starting before birth. Our commitment to early childhood is at the core of our mission.
- Commitment to Families: Our commitment extends to policies that support infants, toddlers, and their families. We believe that strong families are the cornerstone of healthy communities, and we work diligently to foster environments that nurture family well-being.
- Equity: We are dedicated to advocating for equitable policies and systems changes that benefit all children, regardless of their background or circumstances. We actively work to address historical disparities in access and opportunity and commit to working where needs are the greatest.
- Community Collaboration: We embrace the power of community leadership and strategic collaborations. We understand that lasting change requires the active involvement of communities and the creation of sustainable solutions.
- Inclusivity: NCIT is a welcoming and inclusive community. We value diversity in perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences, recognizing that this enriches our work and makes our mission more impactful.
- Data-Driven Advocacy: We are committed to evidence-based decision-making and advocacy. We rely on data and research to guide our efforts and to ensure that our policies and programs have a meaningful and positive impact on children and families.
- Long-Term Sustainability: We prioritize the long-term sustainability of PN-3 investments. We recognize that lasting change requires careful planning, collaboration, and ongoing commitment.
Join us in upholding these guiding principles as we work together to create a brighter future for the youngest members of our communities. Your membership and dedication to these principles will help us achieve our mission for generations to come.