NCIT Mobile Call & Text Messaging Service
Terms and Conditions
Use of the NATIONAL COLLABORATION FOR INFANTS AND TODDLERS (“NCIT”) mobile call and text messaging service is subject to the following terms and conditions. DO NOT PROVIDE YOUR MOBILE PHONE NUMBER TO NCIT IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
NCIT is a coalition of thousands of organizations and individuals that are working together to educate and advocate for policies and communities that support babies, toddlers, and families. Voices for Healthy Kids, a project of the American Heart Association (“AHA”), provides staff and support to NCIT. Mobile phone numbers collected by NCIT are kept completely separate from other mobile phone numbers collected by or belonging to Voices for Healthy Kids and/or AHA, and are used only in accordance with these terms and conditions.
By providing your mobile phone number to NCIT, you expressly grant consent to receive periodic texts and phone calls from NCIT, including by use of an auto dialer or artificial/prerecorded voice, and you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If at any time you do not agree with these terms and conditions, or any future modifications to these terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to stop use of the mobile call and text messaging service. NCIT reserves the right to revise these terms and conditions from time to time, and such modifications shall become effective when posted. The date of the latest revision will be stated on the terms and conditions. Please review these terms and conditions frequently. NCIT will send you a notice of changes to these terms and conditions only if required to do so by law.
NCIT Text Messages and Phone Calls.
By providing your mobile phone number to NCIT, you are opting in to receive periodic texts and phone calls from NCIT, including by use of an auto dialer or artificial/prerecorded voice. You represent that you have the authority to grant this consent for each telephone number you provide to NCIT.
NCIT mobile text messaging consists of a series of text messages sent to opted-in users with information that NCIT believes may be of interest to you. The frequency of text messages will vary, with a maximum of 5 messages per month. NCIT may also call your mobile phone number periodically to provide information that NCIT believes may be of interest to you. You are not required to participate in NCIT’s mobile call and text messaging services to use any other services provided by NCIT.
How to Unsubscribe.
To stop receiving phone calls and mobile text messages from NCIT, text STOP in response to any text message you receive from NCIT. After doing so, you will receive confirmation that you have been removed from NCIT’s phone and text messaging service. You may also opt-out of receiving phone calls and mobile text messages from NCIT by emailing [email protected]. You will no longer receive any NCIT phone calls and text messages, unless you opt-in to the service again by providing your phone number to NCIT again.
You May Be Charged A Fee for Message Transmission And Delivery By Your Cellular Network Carrier.
You understand and acknowledge that your use of the call and text messaging service from a terminal, such as a mobile device, personal computer, or watch, is subject to any agreements you have with your cellular network carrier and may be subject to fees they may charge, including but not limited to fees for text messaging, data use, or internet access. Any and all fees are your sole responsibility. The content may not be available on all cellular networks. Neither NCIT nor the carriers are liable for delayed or undelivered phone calls or messages.
As a user of the NCIT call and text messaging service, you agree to the following:
- Access to the call and text messaging service is at the discretion of NCIT and may be revoked at any time. Age restrictions apply to NCIT’s mobile messaging service. NCIT’S MESSAGING SERVICE IS INTENDED FOR USE BY THOSE PERSONS OF MAJORITY AGE AND IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
- The call and text messaging service may only be used for lawful purposes and may not be used for any illegal activities, including, but not limited to, spam; solicitation or unauthorized advertising; launch of denial of service attacks or viruses; fraud or harassment; intellectual property infringement; or any other activity that subjects NCIT, AHA or any third party to liability, damages, or danger.
- Once delivered to your device, text messages are under your control and are your responsibility. Please keep in mind that text messages are not secure, and there is risk that third parties may be able to access information contained in such texts. Moreover, if you give others access to your device or your device password, it is possible that information may be accessible by others. You can help guard against this by never disclosing your password or giving anyone else access to your device. Please also recognize that if the mobile phone number you provide to NCIT has been given to you by your employer or you access your messages from a device issued by your employer, your employer may have access to such messages.
- If you are dissatisfied with the mobile call and text messaging service or with these terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue enrollment in the mobile call and text messaging service. Individuals who participate in the mobile messaging service do so at their own risk. By using the messaging service, you hereby release NCIT and AHA from any liability arising from or related to calls or text messages from NCIT.
- You agree to provide NCIT with only current, complete, true, and accurate information, and not to use a false or misleading name or a name or number that you are not authorized to use. You agree to immediately notify us if your mobile phone number changes. NCIT and AHA are not liable for any communication or transmission of information via call or text that occurs as a result of a change to your mobile phone number that is not reported to NCIT.
- NCIT does not guarantee the successful delivery of phone calls or text messages. Calls and messages sent via text may not be delivered if the mobile device is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of wireless carriers may interfere with message delivery, including your equipment, terrain, and proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. NCIT and AHA are not liable for losses or damages arising from (a) non-delivery, delayed delivery, or misdirected delivery of a phone call or text message; (b) inaccurate or incomplete content in a phone call or text message; or (c) use or reliance on the contents of any phone call or text message for any purpose.
- Texting while driving is dangerous and illegal in many states. DO NOT SEND OR READ TEXTS WHILE DRIVING, OPERATING MACHINERY, OR PERFORMING ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES REQUIRING YOUR ATTENTION.
NCIT’S CALL AND TEXT MESSAGING SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NCIT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ITS MESSAGING SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE OR OPERATE IN AN UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE MANNER OR THAT ERRORS OR DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. NCIT DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ITS MESSAGING SERVICE, THE SUITABILITY OF THE CONTENT OR THE RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT, OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE SERVICE.
Limitation of Liability.
NEITHER NCIT, AHA NOR ANY OF ITS LICENSORS IS LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE MESSAGING SERVICE, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY OR CAUSE OF ACTION, EVEN IF NCIT OR AHA IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Applicable Law. By using NCIT’s call and mobile text messaging service, you agree that United States federal law and the laws of the state of Texas, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, govern these terms and conditions and any dispute of any sort that may arise between you and NCIT relating in any way to your use of NCIT’s messaging services.
Need to CONTACT NCIT?
Email us at [email protected]
Last Updated: September, 2023