NCIT is an advocacy collaborative committed to ensuring that every child and their families have what they need to thrive, starting before birth. NCIT was created in 2017 to connect leaders in the prenatal-to-three (PN-3) space, raise awareness, and share best practices to build stronger, more equitable PN-3 policy and programs. Today, more is needed to equitably advance the health of children and families. Large-scale, policy change is required at the local, state, tribal and federal levels. NCIT wants to meet that need, and we need your help.
For the first time we are working to formalize membership in the NCIT to build a publicly available list of organizations with a shared commitment to infants and toddlers.
Together, we have the power to put those in their first years – first!
Not an organization but still want to get involved? – Become An Advocate!
- Aligning your organization with the NCIT formally connects your organization with the hundreds of other members working at prenatal-to three issues at the local, state, federal and tribal levels
- Access to an online grassroots system that can target local, state, federal and tribal decision-makers as well as special targets with email, social media, or patch through calling
- Access to a full suite of technical assistance, consulting and support for PN-3 focused policy change campaigns including media advocacy, coalition building and maintenance, policy development, issue expertise, campaign planning, equity and power sharing/transfer
- Specialized training opportunities built around what you and your staff want and need
- Access to turnkey engagement toolkits provided on key issues throughout the year with plug and play support for social media, newsletter and shareholder engagement tools
- Eligibility to serve on the Steering Committee and serve in a leadership role on subcommittees
- Promotion of your social media through the NCIT network, connecting to hundreds of other organizations
- Ability to add links to resources and tools on the new NCIT.org website, increasing traffic to your website and tools
- Member-only newsletter that condenses ALL the info into a short, user-friendly resource with attached opportunities for turnkey activations
- Your logo and organization can be part of the major campaigns done through NCIT each year and increase brand awareness and recognition (Approval for logo/organization name will always be sought in advance when connected to any specific issues or policies. Otherwise your organization name will be included on a general list of members on the website and in marketing materials.)
- When helpful, use of the NCIT logo on your resources and tools (simple approval process)
- Simple process to access other members when seeking endorsers or collaborators on PN-3 related projects or policy
- NCIT member organizations agree to ask staff and networks to sign up for NCIT emails
- NCIT member organizations agree to follow NCIT on social media and engage and share relevant content on a regular basis
- NCIT member organizations agree to share or work on engagement opportunities with NCIT with your networks on issues relevant to your base
- NCIT member organizations agree to keep NCIT up-to-date on campaigns, events, resource development and other activities so NCIT can be supportive
- NCIT member organizations agree to have at least one staff member attend quarterly virtual NCIT meetings
- NCIT member organizations agree to complete a yearly NCIT survey so the collaborative can best meet your needs
When you become a member of the National Collaborative for Infants & Toddlers (NCIT), you are committing to the following guiding principles:
- Early Childhood Support: We believe in the critical importance of supporting children and their families from the earliest stages of life, starting before birth. Our commitment to early childhood is at the core of our mission.
- Commitment to Families: Our commitment extends to policies that support infants, toddlers, and their families. We believe that strong families are the cornerstone of healthy communities, and we work diligently to foster environments that nurture family well-being.
- Equity: We are dedicated to advocating for equitable policies and systems changes that benefit all children, regardless of their background or circumstances. We actively work to address historical disparities in access and opportunity and commit to working where needs are the greatest.
- Community Collaboration: We embrace the power of community leadership and strategic collaborations. We understand that lasting change requires the active involvement of communities and the creation of sustainable solutions.
- Inclusivity: NCIT is a welcoming and inclusive community. We value diversity in perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences, recognizing that this enriches our work and makes our mission more impactful.
- Data-Driven Advocacy: We are committed to evidence-based decision-making and advocacy. We rely on data and research to guide our efforts and to ensure that our policies and programs have a meaningful and positive impact on children and families.
- Long-Term Sustainability: We prioritize the long-term sustainability of PN-3 investments. We recognize that lasting change requires careful planning, collaboration, and ongoing commitment.
Join us in upholding these guiding principles as we work together to create a brighter future for the youngest members of our communities. Your membership and dedication to these principles will help us achieve our mission for generations to come.